Concordia College, Moorhead, Minn. * www.ConcordiaCollege.edu

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not Your Average Spring Break

Believe it or not, a 19 hour bus ride isn't all that bad! It gives you time to just slow down and forget about tests, paper deadlines, and so now. Don't get me wrong, I love school, but we all need a break every once and a while from the daily routine of life.

On a normal day I am a Concordia College Cobber, enjoying my third year towards a Organizational Communications major and a minor in Psychology. At school I enjoy being a part of the Campus Service Commission staff, an Alto 1 in Chapel Choir, a consultant at the Oral Communications Center, and a Student Worker in the Web Services Office.

I also enjoy Swing Dancing at the Avalon, my daily can of Diet Coke, and an occasional coffee at Starbucks (a white chocolate mocha with skim milk and no whip to be exact). I enjoy reading anything by Jodi Picoult. I am the biggest Disney fan you will ever meet.

This week isn't quite normal. That 19 hour bus ride brought myself and 18 other students to Santa Fe, New Mexico on a Habitat for Humanity Spring Break Adventure.

I can't wait to see what this adventure has in store for each of us...

This isn't your average Spring Break...it's even better!

-Brooke (Santa Fe, NM)

No comments:

Post a Comment