Concordia College, Moorhead, Minn. * www.ConcordiaCollege.edu

Friday, February 19, 2010

School is Out! (Well at least for a week)

My tests are finished. My room is finally clean. My bags are packed so full that they are close to bursting. In other words, I'm almost ready to leave for Birmingham, Alabama.

My name is Kalli and I am a junior this year at Concordia. I am studying Elementary Education with emphasizes in Social Studies and French. I call Scandia, MN my home and love to visit whenever I can. For the past two spring breaks, however, I have had the fabulous opportunity to go on Habitat for Humanity trips.

Last year I left during a snow storm to travel to Albany, Georgia. I met some amazing homeowners, dedicated employees and spirited students that encouraged me to go on another trip this years. When I returned, my friend Lara (who happens to be my trip leader this year) convinced me to apply for the Habitat Board on campus. Needless to say, I was accepted and have been planning a trip to Guatemala for this May. Habitat keeps finding ways for me to stay involved!

A LONG bus ride is ahead of me, but with some movies, a few good books and lots of friends, I'm sure that it will go by a lot faster than I think!

-Kalli (Alabama)

No comments:

Post a Comment