Concordia College, Moorhead, Minn. * www.ConcordiaCollege.edu

Monday, February 22, 2010

Keeping Homes Warm

We spent our first day on the work site putting insulation up on three houses and....WE FINISHED IT ALL! Mondays are usually the day off for Habitat workers in Birmingham, but two workers generously showed us the ropes. It was a very productive day. The weather could not, however, decide if it was going to be warm or cold. I spent a number of times putting on and taking off my sweathshirt, but as long as there isn't snow on the ground, I'm happy.

They weren't anticipating Cobbers to be such hard workers, so we left the work site a little early and headed out to check out downtown. My group went to the Civil Rights Museum in town. It was honestly one of the best museums that I have every been to! There were testimonials at every turn and detailed information about one of the most defining time periods in Alabama history. We were famished after exercising our brains, so we headed down to Pete's Famous hot dogs. Never in my life have I had a hot dog with so many onions, but it was worth it!

-Kalli (Alabama)

No comments:

Post a Comment