Concordia College, Moorhead, Minn. * www.ConcordiaCollege.edu

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, the 19 hour bus ride brought us safely back to campus. It is good to be back home at Concordia.

What surprised me about Santa Fe?
The snow! I never thought New Mexico got as much snow as we do here in Minnesota. Despite the crazy weather, we learned to live with it. We built a house in it, walked a couple miles on it, shoveled it, and drove many miles on it. When we arrived back in Moorhead, the snow didn't seem to bother me as much. Usually I grumble and complain about it, but when I saw it I thought to myself, well they even get it in New Mexico! Now that I don't correlate it with blizzardly Minnesota, it doesn't really both me as much.

What is my favorite memory?
There are just too many to choose from. Here is one I can think of now...I love downtowns in any town or city. The architecture is beautiful and unique to each location. I especially enjoyed walking around downtown in the Plaza with everyone. There were so many shops and a huge variety of items to choose from. I love coffee and there were coffee shops galore! We also visited chocolate shops, the largest handmade boot store in the country, and so on.

What did I learn?
I learned to go with the flow. I am a planner and I like things to run as scheduled. When we arrived in Santa Fe our plans had to change a lot because of the unexpected snow. Great memories can be made even in the midst of change and the unexpected.


The theme verse for our last day was a send off and a blessing for each of us on the trip. I leave you with this verse as well.
"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." -2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

-Brooke (Santa Fe, NM)

No comments:

Post a Comment